ST MARTIN OF TOURS CHURCH
The grand building of St Martin of Tours Church dates back to 1824 with parts of the construction going back to 1450. Today, this Grade II listed building is a place of worship for many locals, with a busy events calendar, catering for religious ceremonies as well as musical and Choral happenings.
CES Lighting and Electrical Specialists, well known for their expertise in working with Ecclesiastical (Church), Architectural and Heritage sectors, were appointed to upgrade the luminaries to create an easy to control, adjustable lighting that would fit into the architecture of the Church, while supporting the variety of events, from regular services to weddings and musical occasions. They in turn specified Zico lamps for the project.
‘The main space of the Church is illuminated by bespoke Pendants that were designed in collaboration with the client to ideally suit the church fabric. Architectural LED spotlights are then used to supplement and provide focused / feature lighting allowing the pendants to be subdued. The combination of these two elements allows for a broad range of scene setting that create atmosphere for their services and events.
The new system offers great flexibility for the Church lighting which can be operated with simple push button controls.’
Credit: CES Lighting and Electrical Specialists